St. Emydius School was established in 1949 by Father J. O'Carroll, pastor of the parish. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange were placed in charge of the educational program. The school opened with students in grades 1-6. Additional grades were added in subsequent years. St. Emydius expanded with a new building in 1956. A double session Kindergarten began in September 1987 followed by the opening of a second kindergarten in 1990.
The Sisters of the Holy Faith began their ministry in St. Emydius School in 1971 and left in September 2008. St. Emydius School is presently led by a lay principal. The present pastor is Rev. Rigoberto Rodriguez.
St. Emydius School is presently a single grade school serving students from Transitional Kindergarten at 4 years of age to 8th grade.